Friday, June 26, 2009

Pan Sautéed Potatoes With Chives

0005

A good friend of mine had an overabundance of chives in her garden and was kind enough to give me some of these fresh, crisp and bright green chives.

Chives (these look like slim spring onions) are mild, onion-flavored herb with deep green hollow leaves. They aid in digestion and have high levels of vitamin A and C. When added to the diet on a regular basis, they can also help reduce blood cholesterol levels.

0002

One very simple dish that you just cannot go wrong with is potatoes with chives. I have kept the flavors very simple so that you can just  savor the potatoes with crunchy delicate onion flavored chives.

Ingredients

  • 4 medium red potatoes
  • 2 teaspoons Paprika
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • Half cup chopped chives
  • Salt to taste

Method

  • Wash the red potatoes thoroughly and cut into 1 inch thick wedges
  • Place a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add oil
  • Add the potatoes, salt, paprika and cook, turning occasionally until it gets a golden brown color on both sides (around 10 min)

0003

  • Then cook covered with a lid for 5 min, or until tender from inside
  • Add chopped chives and toss (Note: Chives should be added towards the very end to retain flavor and vitamin content)
  • Sprinkle more green chives before serving

Best eaten as soon as they are out of the pan … Hot and crisp! They will disappear in no time!

0011

(The picture above is being submitted to the Click:Stacks event by Jugalbandi)

Also sending this to BSI:Potatoes which is currently being hosted at Chez What?

______________________________________________________________________________

I am also so happy to receive this lovely award from Kalaivani. Thanks for your encouragement and appreciation!

Photobucket

I would like to pass this award to these enthusiastic new bloggers…Dolon, Vidya, Chakhlere, Shuba, Subhie, Sangi, Avisha, Parita, Jaya and Lata.

Thanks to all my fellow bloggers who have been encouraging me with all these lovely comments!

40 comments:

chakhlere said...

wow!!
Its looking so nice and yummy!!
Grt clicks!!

Anonymous said...

Those may be the most perfectly cooked potatoes I have every seen....amazing!

Desisoccermom said...

Hi Jyoti,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Love your blog and the simple yet delicious recipe. Will have to raid my neighbor's veg garden for some chives :)
Lovely clicks. Post the secret recipe for that too.:)

Red Chillies said...

Beautiful pictures and are pretty captivating. Loved the first one!

Madhuram said...

Potatoes look very tempting and perfect. You should send the first or last picture for this month's Click contest.

Jyoti said...

Thanks all for your encouraging comments !

Sushma Mallya said...

hi jyothi...lovely pic and simple recipe...will surely try this....

Parita said...

Wow gorgeous clicks!!! The last one is perfect for Click:Stacks event hosted at Jugalbandi, do send it

chef and her kitchen said...

Thanks fr visiting my blog...
nice potatoes n nice clicks dear...

Cilantro said...

Lovely recipe, great pics. Do send it to CLICK.

Anonymous said...

awesome fotography..that is sucha simple recipe..one cant go wrong.

Preeti Singh said...

first time here and your blog has amazed me....your presentation is soo good dear...this recipe looks so tenpting..very nice colour..

Shama Nagarajan said...

first time here..nice blog and nice clicks.......yummy potato...lovely pic

Hari Chandana P said...

gr8 clicks.. gud work.. congrats on ur award :)

Vidya said...

wwwow lovely recipe. Never used chives before. Awesome pictures Jyoti.

Kalaivani said...

I always love potato.The presentation makes me to drool.looks so yum.

Priyameena said...

Wow pictures look like a pro took the pictures...hats off Jhothi..Looks excellent

kittymatti said...

wow! Look at the colour n the presentation! I love potatoes.. this look perfecto!

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow....love those perfectly cut and perfectly roasted potato pieces....very appetizing....

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous potatoes! Sounds so delicious with chives!

Sujata said...

Potatoes look so beautiful. Love the addition of chives in it. Very creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jyothi,
Thank u very much for visiting my blog.Ur presentation is excellent!

Unknown said...

WOw the wedges look awesome and ur blog is very lovely with beautiful clicks :)

Justin said...

i think this is my first time at your blog. the potatoes look really good... so rich in color.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Hubby will definitely love this :)

Malar Gandhi said...

Gosh, what a lovely shot, dear. Looks great. Love these potatoes...

eshoboshoaahare.blogspot.in said...

Great snacks........and good photo shoot too.........lovely...nice blog...

Jackie @PhamFatale.com said...

It's a simple recipe but sooo flavorful. Yum!

Erica said...

Those potatoes look amazing! your pictures are beautiful.

Thanks for your comment!

Shilpa said...

Such a simple recipe,and so beautiful. Never tried topping potatoes with chives. Interesting!

Parita said...

Hey jyoti dearie, thanks you so much for sharing your award with me, m truly honored!! keep rocking:)

lata raja said...

Hi Jyoti Thank you so very much for passing this award to me. This is a BIG recognition.Just saying Thank you seems inadequate, However,Thank you once again.

Vidya said...

Hey Thank you so much Jyoti for sharing the award with me. It was a pleasant surprise. Truly honored and touched. Thanks so much for your encouragement dear.

chakhlere said...

hey Jyoti!!
Thanksssssssssss a tonnnnn!!
I am on the top of the world today, I got my first award!!
Thanks very much dear!!
Really it means a lot to me!

Anonymous said...

thank u so much Jyoti, it was so nice u thot of me, I already got the same award from Preethi, I did a post on it
http://munchcrunchandsuch.wordpress.com/2009/06/17/vegie-pasta/

I will edd it to add ur name too.Thank u so much.

Anonymous said...

Thank u very much dear for ur "love shock"!!!....words are not enough to express my pleasure...!thank u da...

Doloncookbook said...

Thank you very much for the award .. Thanks for stopping by my blog & liking it . Your blog is very nice . Recipe looks so delicious & picture looks great ...
Perfect for the event ...

Desisoccermom said...

Thank you Jyoti for the thoughtful award. I really appreciate it since this is my first one. :)
I am still trying to figure out how to post it on my blog though. Not very computer savvy. Help...

Desisoccermom said...

Figured out finally how to post the award on my blog. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Top site, I hadn't come across www.foodseasons.com earlier in my searches!
Continue the fantastic work!