Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blueberry and Strawberry Milkshakes

My son woke up one day and said "Can you make Blue Milk for me today?”. Promptly my little daughter goes … and I want Pink Princess Milk”! Here the culture associates dressing baby boys in blue and baby girls in pink. So they have grown up with associating blue with boys and pink with girls. Kids get so influenced by color and shapes in their food. Sometimes I feel that they taste food by looking at them, not by tasting them!

Anyway, so I was wondering how to satisfy the kids demand while making it a healthy alternative at the same time. Luckily I had blueberries and strawberries and used those to make the blue and pink milkshakes.

0001

Blueberries and strawberries are a natural and rich source of antioxidants, and other vitamins. Click here for a custom nutrition label  for this healthy milkshake.

Both of them loved their respective boy-girl milkshakes and were happy...and I was the happiest of course, because they got their fruit and milk serving in one go!

0002

Blueberry Banana Milkshake

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 medium size banana

Strawberry Banana Milkshake

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup strawberries
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 medium size banana

Mix the berries and banana in a blender till no chunks remain. Add milk, sugar and blend again. Enjoy these healthy and refreshing milkshakes!

Its summertime, and I am going for a week vacation again, this time to Yellowstone NP. Will be back to catch up soon!

34 comments:

Rekha shoban said...

nice presentation...

Hari Chandana P said...

Yummyy milk shakes.. looks soo delicious n perfect.. nice clicks!!

Parita said...

Oh my lovely milk shakes, love the presentation!

chakhlere said...

Hey those looks perfect!!
Kids must be happy to have their colored milk.

Doloncookbook said...

This is not right ...
Send me atleast any one of these milk shakes ... looks great & yuuuuuuuuummy .

Anonymous said...

these kids I say!btw, those milkshakes look yum! have a wonderful vaccation

Anonymous said...

Kids r sure to like this...
wat a tempting presentation!!!

Anonymous said...

Kids r sure to like this...
wat a tempting presentation!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy ur vacation dear...

kittymatti said...

wow1 what a lovely presentaiton... yeah, these kids give so much importance to colour esp pink girls and blue-boys... OMG...

Anonymous said...

jyoti
check my blog for ur kreativ award
pls do accept it

http://munchcrunchandsuch.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/tomato-kuruma/

Anonymous said...

How cute!

Juliana said...

Love them both...very refreshing and summery...

lata raja said...

Jyoti, That is so sweet.I know your prince and princess enjoyed it.And Congratulations on the award.

Vidya said...

Lovely milkshakes Jyoti. Perfect for summer.
Enjoy your vacation.

Manasi said...

Now I know how to get my neice to drink up her milk..its princess milk after all!

Purva Desai said...

Thanks for dropping by.......you have a delicious blog too.....
I am drooling over the click.....bright and refreshing drink

Ritu said...

Never tried blueberry banana milk shake. will surely give it a try

kittymatti said...

Please pick your awards and tag from my blog :)

Subhie Arun said...

pls do visit my blog n pick the award,tq

Nandinis food said...

Those drinks look lovely! Nice snaps!

Anonymous said...

waiting for ur lovely post dear...

Anonymous said...

pls accept the awards&tag from my blog dear

PriyaRaj said...

Hi jothi all ur recipes looks great .........very nice photos & presentation.........thanx for visiting my blog & for ur comments ....

PriyaRaj said...

Thanx jyoti,for ur comment ....wht's the secret of ur bright photos pa......all dishes looks more delicious......

Madhuli said...

Hey Jyoti Thanks for stopping by my blog. The shakes are absolutely yummy..Lucky kids!Have a nice Vacation.

Nirmala said...

Jyoti you have a wonderful blog and all your pics are lovely. The recipes are simple and easy and they look delicious too. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

pls accept a gift from my blog

Archy said...

Milk shake looks so gud with nice colors !! blue an pink !!

Karine said...

They look so refreshing! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Arti agarwal said...

Very nice presentation and looks tempting

dsdsds said...

The strawberry with berries click is totally awesome.. the milkshake can also be made in a jiffy.. cool!

Anonymous said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks